Saturday, November 1, 2008

Husband Tag




Carrie tagged me quite awhile ago, but there have been so many things that I wanted to put on my post, that I am just now getting around to doing it. So here goes......


How long did you date before you were married? 13 months. Our first date was in February. One year to the day that his mom died actually. We were married the next March, 7th.

How long have you been married? 33 1/2 years. Wow. That makes us seem so old! We don't feel that old.

What does he do that surprises you? Gosh....just about everything he does, I've been with him so long, that he doesn't really surprise me any more. I guess, the biggest surprise I have with Kim right now, is watching him conduct meetings in the bishopric. I have never seen him act in that manner before, because he has never been in a bishopric before. He seems so at ease....and he cracks jokes at the pulpit and is so funny! (The youth seems to love him.) He seems like he is an old pro at it, and I know he feels uncomfortable doing it because he tells me so. That surprises me about him, how he does so well in this new calling and doesn't look nervous.

What is your favorite feature of his? I have always been attracted to his face. That is what I first found so attractive. I love his strong, muscly arms also.

What is your favorite quality of his? How humble he is. He is not pretentious in ANY way. He never acts like, "look at me" about anything! He is who he is. What you see is what you get! I love that about him.

Does he have a nickname for you? No.

What is his favorite color? I don't think he has a favorite color. I am going to call him and see...... Yup I was right. He says he doesn't have a favorite color.

What is his favorite food? Definately steak............and lasagna.


What is his favorite sport? If he is playing it.......it would be golf. If he is watching it, it would probably be football, or basketball.


When and where was your first kiss? On our first date. I lived in the dorms at Weber State, and he had brought me home. We were talking in the car about everything. It was like we had to know everything about each other......almost like we had this need to catch up on everything in each others lives. He kissed me before he took me to the door. I owed my roomates ice cream, since I got kissed on a first date. I happily bought them ice cream.

Favorite thing to do as a couple. Go to dinner. Go to Jazz games. Go on vacation together.


Do you have any children? 4

Does he have a hidden talent? He makes the most wonderful cream of wheat! I can't make it like him. He doesn't use a recipe. He put an egg in it , and that makes all of the difference. He also can wiggle his ears! Hardly any people can wiggle their ears, and he can roll his belly like none other! It is so funny!

How old is he? 56

Who said "I love you " first? Geez. I am trying to remember when that was, but I know that he said it first.

What is his favorite kind of music? I don't think he has a favorite. He doesn't really listen to music. He never listens to the radio in all of his traveling.

What do you most admire about him? His honesty. His kindness.

Do you think he will read this? I am going to make sure he reads it.

Now it is my turn to tag someone. I will tag ReNae. I want to know all about Gary! hehehe

7 comments:

  1. I know that most people think they have the best dad in the world, but I KNOW I have the best one! ;) I have always said that I wanted to marry someone just like my dad. I think I did a pretty dang good job.

    I agree with you, I very much admire how humble he is. Throughout his life he has many things he could gloat about or brag, but he never ever will. What a great quality.

    And Mom...you kissed on the first date? MOM! You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! The top pictures is absolutely adorable, you both were just kids.. At first, I thought who is this picture of???? You should have that one blown up and framed for sure... Are you really tagging me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Kim I am shocked!! I never thought you could kiss on the first date. The girls will never read this! :)
    I love hearing anything about Uncle Kim. Definitely a huge hero of mine!!
    I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten to know him a little in recent months and I agree with you that he truly is humble.

    you two are *so* different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you saw the tag! That was such fun to read. Uncle Kim is also a hero of mine! Emily was right when she said she has the best dad in the world. He is one of the best men I know (my husband being one as well). :) I loved the picture of you two. So cute! I also know what you mean about the garage. We love ours and I know you will love yours!!

    ReplyDelete