Monday, April 14, 2008

MY FAIR 'FEATHERED' FAMILY

Almost 3 years ago, we bought our sweet cockatiel, Sunni at a pet store in Ogden. A couple of weeks later.....Wes and Becca bought them a cockatiel from the same pet store. They named him Tank. Tank and Sunni became friends. Wes and Becca gave Tank to a lady by Becca's grandmother last summer. In July they bought an African Grey, Dewey,and they sold him last week.

In the mean time, Emily and Brad bought 2 parrots. Sammy and Hedwig. They just sold them last week.

There have been a lot of tears and sadness from Wes/Becca and Brad/Emily about having to sell their birds for different reasons.

My jist of this post? Our poor little Sunni, has been so ridiculed mercilessly from my kids, because she only sings 'one note'. She doesn't entertain, (only Kim and I) She is a sweet little bird, whether she sings or talks, and she loves us. Who is still left? Who has been the only survivor of the family birds? Our little Sunni! (Look how cute she is over in the right hand column.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay. I guarantee that Brad will either be calling you when he reads this post, or will post a comment himself...which says a lot! He doesn't do the "blog thing," because he types about 5 words per minute. It would take him all night. You know how much he loves Sunni D.
    The only reason Sunni is the one goose left, is because she's the lamest. How hard is it to have a bird who tweets one note? Just kidding. I just miss my talented, beautiful geese. I would like Sunni more if you would change her name to Mrs. Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it is so fun to hear from you! I love your comments on my blog. You wanted to know how to get collages and slide shows so here it is in a nutshell. To make the collage of pictures, you need a program called 'picassa' it is a free download from google and with it you can edit your pictures, crop, etc. and make collages and web albums. The moving slide show is a website, I think it is slide.com, you just go the website, upload the pic's you want and then copy the html into your blog. Easy as that! e-mail me if you have any questions :)
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Picasa and I love it! The collages are so fun!

    ReplyDelete